Find information on testing priority and screening locations.
Get support for mental health and substance use issues here:
What you and your family need to know about COVID-19.
Orange County, CA COVID-19 Case Count
To become familiar with reporting data, please review the Glossary of Dashboard Terms and Data FAQs.
Posted Date: 7/11/2020
Cases reported today are allotted to the date on when the individuals had their positive test specimen collected (specimen collection date). Labs can be delayed in reporting this information into the State CalREDIE reporting and surveillance system, which causes a delay in the County’s ability to report the data. Deaths reported today are allotted to the date when the person passed away (date of death), and only after the date of death is certified by the Orange County Office of Vital Records, which can take up to 8 days as required by California law. This process can cause a delay in the County’s ability to report the data.
Cumulative Cases to Date
1,315 SNF residents, 422 OC jail inmates, and 119 Persons Experiencing Homelessness
Daily COVID Positive Cases Received
Cumulative Deaths to Date
Includes 212 SNF residents, 15 ALF residents, 0 OC jail inmates, and 2 Persons Experiencing Homelessness
Deaths Reported Today
6 skilled nursing facility residents,
0 assisted living facility residents,
3 residents (not living in a facility)
Cumulative Tests To Date
Tests Reported Today
Cases Currently Hospitalized
*Includes ICU cases
Cases Currently in ICU
ICU - Intensive Care Units
Cumulative Recovered to Date
Numbers fluctuate day-by-day due to changes in patient condition(s). Data are gathered daily at one point in time.
Data dashboard – For best viewing of data tabs, zoom Desktop Version to 80%. Mobile Version can be adjusted by "pinching" your phone screen to adjust margins.
State of California – Business Reopening Guidance
The OC Health Care Agency strongly recommends that business owners and operators review the guidance that is relevant to your workplace, prepare a plan based on the guidance for your industry, and put it into action. When complete, you can post the industry-specific checklist (below) in your workplace.
July 8, 2020
- OC - Press Release - Youth Sports Practices Postponed in Orange County Due to New State Guidance (7/8/20)
July 3, 2020
- OC - Press Release - Acting County Health Officer Issues Amended Orders and Strong Recommendations in Support of Closures Recommended by State of California (7/3/20)
July 2, 2020
- OCSD Press Release - Sheriff Statement Face Coverings Enforcement (7/2/20)
- OC Parks Press Release - County of Orange-Operated Beaches to Close July 4-5 (7/2/20)
July 1, 2020
- CDPH - Guidance on Closure of Sectors in Response to COVID-19 (Effective Immediately) (7/1/20)
- HCA Press Release - Several Business Sectors Close in Orange County, California Due to COVID-19 (7/1/20)
- OC - Press Release - Bars Ordered Closed in Orange County, California Effective July 2 (7/01/20)
June 18, 2020
- HCA Press Release - OC Health Care Agency Announces Ad Campaign Promoting Free COVID-19 Testing (6/18/20)
- CDPH - California Public Health Officials Release Guidance Requiring Californians to Wear Face Coverings in Most Settings Outside the Home - Guidance PDF (6/18/20)
June 15, 2020
June 5, 2020
- OC - County of Orange Provides Clarification for Local Businesses After State Issues New Guidance for Reopening Additional Industries (6/5/20)