Individuals receiving a COVID-19 vaccine for the first time will receive a CDC vaccination card listing the vaccine type and lot number. There are additional types of records that can serve as valid COVID-19 vaccination records.
Valid COVID-19 Vaccination Records:
- CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card (white paper card given at the time of your shot)
- State of California Digital COVID-19 Vaccine Record (DCVR)
- California Immunization Registry vaccine record
- Vaccine record from a healthcare provider
- World Health Organization (WHO) vaccine record card
You can show the vaccine record via a photo of the card or a photo of the card stored on an electronic device. For more information about California Department of Public Health (CDPH) vaccine record guidelines & standards, click here. The record should include your first and last name, the date(s), and the type of vaccine that you received.
You are considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19 two weeks after:
- You received a Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) COVID-19 vaccine, or
- You received a second dose of a Pfizer or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine, or
- You finished the series of COVID-19 vaccine that has been listed for emergency use by the WHO
How to obtain a lost CDC Vaccination Record Card:
If you’ve lost your Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) card after your COVID-19 vaccination at a non-County of Orange facility:
- Contact the business/health care system that originally provided the vaccination to request a replacement or
- Login to the State of California Digital COVID-19 Vaccine Record (DCVR) portal at https://myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov/ to get a link to a QR code and digital copy of your COVID-19 vaccination record
If you received COVID-19 vaccination at an Orange County Health Care Agency (OCHCA) Super Point-of-Dispensing (POD) site or Mobile POD, you can:
- Login to State of California Digital COVID-19 Vaccine Record portal at https://myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov/ to get a link to a QR code and digital copy of your COVID-19 vaccination record.
- Login to Othena.com or download the Othena mobile app for iOS/Android to view the details of your COVID-19 vaccination(s), including date(s) administered vaccine type and lot number(s), vaccine site information, and the administering provider(s).
- If you lost your CDC vaccination card, email the OCHCA Immunization Assistance Program (IAP) mailbox at IAP@ochca.com to request a replacement CDC card. Please note replacement vaccine card will be mailed to you.
How to address incorrect details on your vaccine record:
- If you find any incorrect details that are associated with your vaccine record, please notify the agency where you received your vaccination. If you were vaccinated through an OCHCA sponsored vaccine site please send an email to IAP@ochca.com.
How to request record from California Immunization Registry (CAIR):
Allow your vaccine administering site time to report to CAIR; please allow 2-3 weeks after being fully vaccinated before requesting your COVID-19 immunization record. There are two ways to get a copy of the vaccinations record in CAIR.
- Ask the provider who administered the COVID vaccine to look up your vaccination record in CAIR and provide you a copy.
- To request your entire immunization record through the California Immunization Registry, either complete the CAIR Authorization to Release Form, send an email to CAIRHelpdesk@cdph.ca.gov, or call 1-800-578-7889. Make sure to scan a photo of a current official photo ID ready to upload, as the form must be completed in a single session.
- You will receive an email with proof of COVID-19 vaccination record (you will not receive a replacement card).
- It typically takes 3-5 days for processing