Individuals receiving a COVID-19 vaccine for the first time will receive a CDC vaccination card listing the vaccine type and lot number. There are additional types of records that can serve as valid COVID-19 vaccination records.
Valid COVID-19 Vaccination Records:
- CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card (white paper card given at the time of your shot)
- State of California Digital COVID-19 Vaccine Record (DCVR)
- California Immunization Registry vaccine record
- Vaccine record from a healthcare provider
- World Health Organization (WHO) vaccine record card
You can show the vaccine record via a photo of the card or a photo of the card stored on an electronic device. For more information about California Department of Public Health (CDPH) vaccine record guidelines & standards, click here. The record should include your first and last name, the date(s), and the type of vaccine that you received.
How to obtain a lost CDC Vaccination Record Card:
If you’ve lost your Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) card after your COVID-19 vaccination at a non-County of Orange facility:
- Contact the business/health care system that originally provided the vaccination to request a replacement or
- Login to the State of California Digital COVID-19 Vaccine Record (DCVR) portal at https://myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov/ to get a link to a QR code and digital copy of your COVID-19 vaccination record
If you received COVID-19 vaccination at an Orange County Health Care Agency (OCHCA) Super Point-of-Dispensing (POD) site or Mobile POD, you can:
- Login to State of California Digital COVID-19 Vaccine Record portal at https://myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov/ to get a link to a QR code and digital copy of your COVID-19 vaccination record.
- If you lost your CDC vaccination card, email the OCHCA Immunization Assistance Program (IAP) mailbox at IAP@ochca.com to request a replacement CDC card. Please note replacement vaccine card will be mailed to you.
How to request record from California Immunization Registry (CAIR):
Allow your vaccine administering site time to report to CAIR; please allow 2-3 weeks after being fully vaccinated before requesting your COVID-19 immunization record. There are two ways to get a copy of the vaccinations record in CAIR.
- Ask the provider who administered the COVID vaccine to look up your vaccination record in CAIR and provide you a copy.
- To request your entire immunization record through the California Immunization Registry, either complete the CAIR Authorization to Release Form, send an email to CAIRHelpdesk@cdph.ca.gov, or call 1-800-578-7889. Make sure to scan a photo of a current official photo ID ready to upload, as the form must be completed in a single session.
- You will receive an email with proof of COVID-19 vaccination record (you will not receive a replacement card).
- It typically takes 3-5 days for processing