Thank you for making the choice to get vaccinated against COVID-19!
By getting vaccinated, you are helping to protect yourself and others around our county from this life-threatening virus.
What to Expect After Receiving the COVID-19 Vaccine:
By receiving a COVID-19 vaccine, you are preventing your risk of experiencing severe COVID-19 illness or hospitalization.
Your body still needs the full 14 days after receiving the vaccine to begin building antibodies against COVID-19.
While in the Observation Station:
Please notify the clinician at the Observation Station if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- Difficulty breathing
- Swelling of your face/lips/tongue
- Generalized rash
Common Side Effects:
On the arm where you got the shot:- Pain
Throughout the rest of your body:- Tiredness
- Muscle pain - Chills
If you have pain or discomfort after getting your vaccine, talk to your doctor about taking an over-the-counter medicine, such as ibuprofen or acetaminophen.
To reduce pain and discomfort where you got the shot:- Apply a clean, cool, wet washcloth over the area
- Use or exercise your arm
To reduce pain and discomfort where you got the shot:- Drink plenty of fluids
- Dress lightly
When to Call the Doctor
In most cases, discomfort from fever or pain is normal. Contact your doctor or health care provider if any of the following conditions occur:
- Severe abdominal pain
- Severe, persistent headache
- Leg pain or swelling
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Redness or tenderness of the vaccination site increases after 24 hours
- Your side effects are worrying you or do not seem to be going away after a few days
Important Features of Your Othena App
- Track time remaining for observation on the app after receiving your vaccine
- Report symptoms from the vaccine on your Othena app
- Schedule for your second appointment (if 2 dose vaccine)
- Review the Vaccine Emergency Use Authorization sheets from the app
- Review your vaccine verification on the app
- Register other family members for a vaccine appointment