Find information on testing priority and screening locations.
General questions: COVID-19 HOTLINE (714) 834-2000
Medical questions: Health Referral Line (800) 564-8448
Get support for mental health and substance use issues here:
What you and your family need to know about COVID-19.
Orange County, CA COVID-19 Case Count
To become familiar with reporting data, please review the Glossary of Dashboard Terms and Data FAQs.
Posted Date: 10/24/2020
The new ArcGIS data platform (see Desktop, Mobile & Map Buttons below) improves the COVID-19 reporting process and minimizes any discrepancy between State and Orange County information by reporting same day information. The 6 a.m. State data are downloaded from CalREDIE each morning, checked to remove duplicates and/or out-of-county residents and then reported to our website by 5 p.m.
Cumulative Cases to Date
2,348 SNF residents, 574 OC jail inmates, and 187 Persons Experiencing Homelessness
Daily COVID Positive Cases Received
Cumulative Deaths to Date
Includes 540 SNF residents, 115 ALF residents, 0 OC jail inmates, and 4 Persons Experiencing Homelessness
Deaths Reported Today
0 skilled nursing facility residents,
0 skilled nursing facility staff,
0 assisted living facility residents,
4 residents (not living in a facility)
Cumulative Tests To Date
Tests Reported Today
Cases Currently Hospitalized
*Includes ICU cases
Cases Currently in ICU
ICU - Intensive Care Units
Cumulative Recovered to Date
Numbers fluctuate day-by-day due to changes in patient condition(s). Data are gathered daily at one point in time.
Census Tracts Testing Positivity Average
as of 10/12/20.
For best viewing of data, use Desktop to Mobile version to view charts and use Data Maps link to view data in map format.
Key data displayed on HCA’s COVID-19 data dashboard are available to download using the County of Orange Open Data Portal under the “Health” icon at: http://data-ocpw.opendata.arcgis.com/.
State of California – CA Blueprint for a Safer Economy
A new blueprint for business sector re-opening was unveiled by Governor Newsom on August 28, 2020, which includes a color-coded, tiered system that will use two metrics to measure the novel coronavirus: spread rate and test positivity percentage.
The tiers are designated by four colors: purple (widespread), red (substantial), orange (moderate) and yellow (minimal with the lowest restrictions). As of September 8, 2020, Orange County moved into the red tier. Find the status of activities in Orange County by visiting https://covid19.ca.gov/safer-economy/
As of 8/3/20, the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) posted the following guidance regarding schools and youth:
- CA Stay Home Q&A updated 10/22/20 to address gatherings for musical, theatrical, and artistic performances (10/22/20)
- OC HCA - Press Release OC Health Care Agency Invites Students to Enter Art, Writing or Video Contest (10/22/20)
- CDPH - California Public Health Officials Release Guidance & Updates to State's Blueprint for a Safe Economy (10/20/20)
- CDPH - Issues Playground Opening Guidelines (9/29/20)
- OC HCA - Press Release - OC Health Care Agency Wants Everyone to Get a Flu Shot (9/17/20)
- OC - Release - County of Orange Moves to Red Tier, Re Opens More of Orange County (9/8/20)
- OC - Press Release - County of Orange Reminds Residents, Visitors to Remain Vigilant Against COVID-19 This Labor Day Weekend (9/3/20)
- OC HCA - Press Release - New State of California Framework Provides Blueprint for Orange County Re-Openings (9/1/20)
- OC - Press Release - Clayton Chau, M.D., Ph.D. Selected as County Health Officer (8/26/20)
- CA DCA Press Release - Expanding the State’s COVID-19 Testing (8/26/20)
- OC & Costa Mesa Press Release - County of Orange Adds Second Supersite to its COVID-19 Testing Arsenal (8/25/20)
- OC - Press Release - OC Health Care Agency Announces Star-Studded Positive Vibes Ad Campaign (8/20/20)
- OC - Press Release - OC Health Care Agency Reports First COVID-19 Pediatric Death in Orange County, CA (8/19/20)
- OC - Press Release - County of Orange Launches SafeDineOC COVID-Safe Restaurant Campaign (8/6/20)
- OC - Press Release - State Releases Youth Sports Guidance (8/4/20)
- more news...