Find information on testing priority and screening locations.
General questions: COVID-19 HOTLINE (714) 834-2000
Medical questions: Health Referral Line (800) 564-8448
Get support for mental health and substance use issues here:
What you and your family need to know about COVID-19.
Orange County, CA COVID-19 Case Count
To become familiar with reporting data, please review the Glossary of Dashboard Terms and Data FAQs.
Posted Date: 12/5/2020
The new ArcGIS data platform (see Desktop, Mobile & Map Buttons below) improves the COVID-19 reporting process and minimizes any discrepancy between State and Orange County information by reporting same day information. The 6 a.m. State data are downloaded from CalREDIE each morning, checked to remove duplicates and/or out-of-county residents and then reported to our website by 5 p.m.
Southern California Regional ICU beds availability (excluding NICU & PICU beds): 12.5%
Note: The data provided is for 30 hours instead of our usual 24 hours, therefore contributing to an increase in the number of cases reported today.
Cumulative Cases to Date
2,651 SNF residents, 607 OC jail inmates, and 293 Persons Experiencing Homelessness
Daily COVID Positive Cases Received
Cumulative Deaths to Date
Includes 601 SNF residents, 133 ALF residents, 0 OC jail inmates, and 4 Persons Experiencing Homelessness
Deaths Reported Today
3 skilled nursing facility residents,
0 skilled nursing facility staff,
0 assisted living facility residents,
12 residents (not living in a facility)
Cumulative Tests To Date
Tests Reported Today
Cases Currently Hospitalized
*Includes ICU cases
Cases Currently in ICU
ICU - Intensive Care Units
Cumulative Recovered to Date
Numbers fluctuate day-by-day due to changes in patient condition(s). Data are gathered daily at one point in time.
For best viewing of data, use Desktop to Mobile version to view charts and use Data Maps link to view data in map format.
Key data displayed on HCA’s COVID-19 data dashboard are available to download using the County of Orange Open Data Portal under the “Health” icon at: http://data-ocpw.opendata.arcgis.com/.
State of California – CA Blueprint for a Safer Economy
The State of California under Governor Gavin Newsom has a blueprint for reducing COVID-19 with revised criteria for loosening and tightening restrictions on activities.
Orange County, California is currently in the Purple Tier (widespread virus transmission). To find the status of activities and business types or to learn more about the tier system, please visit https://covid19.ca.gov/safer-economy/
- CA GOV - Press Release - Use of Temporary Structures for Outdoor Business Operations (11/25/20)
- CDPH - California Department of Public Health Announces Membership in the Community Vaccine Advisory Committee to Ensure Equity in COVID-19 Vaccine Access (11/23/20)
- CA GOV - Press Release - State Issues Limited Stay at Home Order to Slow Spread of COVID-19 (11/19/20)
- OCCR - Press Release - OC Board of Supervisors Announce Grant Program to Support Local Restaurants Providing Outdoor Dining (11/18/20)
- OC EOC - Press Release - State of California Moves County of Orange to More Restrictive Purple Tier Effective Immediately - Residents, Businesses and Events Must Comply Within 24 Hours (11/16/20)
- CA GOV - Press Release - Governor Newsom Announces New Immediate Actions to Curb COVID-19 Transmission (11/16/20)
- Cal OES - California, Oregon & Washington Issue Travel Advisories (11/13/2020)
- OC HCA - Press Release - OC Health Care Agency Launches Mental Health Awareness and Suicide Prevention Campaigns (11/5/20)
- more news...