County Action Summary July 20- July 26
Skilled Nursing/Assisted Living/Residential Care Facility Status
- The definition of an ‘outbreak’ is two (2) or more confirmed cases of COVID-19 in facility residents within 14 days.
- Currently there are 84 facilities that meet or have met this definition as of July 26: Skilled Nursing Facility (45) Advanced Rehab Center of Tustin, Alamitos West Health & Rehab, Alta Gardens Care Center, Anaheim Crest, Anaheim Healthcare Center, Anaheim Terrace, Buena Vista Care Center, Chapman Care Center, Country Villa Plaza, Coventry Court, Crystal Cove Care Center, Flagship Healthcare Center, French Park Care Center, Garden Grove Convalescent Hospital, Garden Park Care Center, Gordon Lane Care Center, Harbor Villa Care Center, Healthcare Center of Orange County, Huntington Valley Healthcare Center, Kindred Brea SAU, La Palma Nursing Center, Laguna Hills Health & Rehab, Lake Forest Nursing Center, Leisure Court Nursing Center, MainPlace Post Acute, Manor Care FV, New Orange Hills, Orange Healthcare & Wellness, Orangegrove Rehab Hospital, Pacific Haven Healthcare Center, Palm Terrace, Park Anaheim Healthcare Center, Park Regency Care Center, Rowntree Gardens, Sea Cliff Healthcare Center, Seal Beach Health & Rehab, South Coast Post Acute, St. Edna Subacute & Rehab, Terrace View Care Center, The Hills Post Acute, The Pavilion at Sunny Hills, Victoria Healthcare, Walnut Village, West Anaheim Extended Care, Windsor Gardens Center of Anaheim, Windsor Gardens Fullerton.
Elderly Assisted Living Facility (39)
Acacia Villa, ActivCare Yorba Linda, Anaheim Crown Plaza, Ardent Care Assisted Living, Atria Del Sol, Brookdale Anaheim, Brookdale Nohl Ranch, Brookdale San Juan Capistrano, Cambridge House, Carmel Village, Crown Cove, Emerald Court, Golden Leisure Home, Heathers McKinley, Heathers Wintergreen, Heritage Point, Huntington Terrace, Kaego's Richman Gardens, Kamstra Care Home, Karlton Residential, Oakmont-Capriana, Pacific Shore Laguna Hills, Pacific Shores Mission Viejo, Pacifica Royale, Park Plaza, Park Regency Assisted Living, Rowntree Gardens, Seacliff Assisted Living, Silverado Newport Mesa, Silverado Tustin Hacienda, St Francis Home, Sunflower Garden, Sunrise Villa Bradford, Sunrise Yorba Linda, The Groves of Tustin, The Regency, Valley View, Vivante on the Coast, Whitten Heights.
Medical Equipment and Supplies
|Distributed Resources to the Community||Quantity*|
|PPE - suit||17,238|
|Outstanding Resource Requests from the State||Quantity|
As of 7/27/20 the County has received 58% of requested State Resources
|KN95 or similar||6,963|
Hospital Support, Communication, Readiness, and Response
Bed Preparedness for Surge
a. Table 1 includes the current bed capacity in the hospital system. As of 7/21/20, OC hospitals are at 62% occupancy. ICU bed availability is at 39% and ventilator availability is at 63%. The system has sufficient surge capacity with over 1,400 beds available. Health & Human Services significantly changed reporting requirements for hospitals effective 7/22/20 and are still in the process of updating the Snowflake Server.
|Current Bed Capacity*|
|Total # of Hospital Beds1, 2||6,036|
|Existing Surge Tents||+200||6,236|
|Standby Surge Tents||+200||6,436|
|Total Bed Capacity
(In Use & Standby)
Alternate Care Site Overview
|Fairview (COVID-19 +)|
|Patient Census (as of 7/27/2020 07:30)||CURRENT||TOTAL|
|Total patients CENSUS / TOTAL ACCEPTED||17||82|
1The total number of inpatient beds in the facility, including all surge beds, labor and delivery unit beds, and inpatient post-surgical beds. This includes the total number of beds for which the hospital could provide staff and equipment and is not necessarily reflective of the beds that happen to be staffed at the time the facility reports.
2Includes Surge Beds (~1,491)
The data below is reflective of the County’s COVID-19 Homelessness Response System which is being managed by Illumination Foundation, the contracted provider, and encompasses the following three components:
- Temporary Isolation Shelter for individuals who are sick or symptomatic for COVID-19
- Temporary Shelter for Vulnerable Populations, including asymptomatic individuals who are medically vulnerable and /or 65 years and older
- Temporary Emergency Shelter System for individuals experiencing unsheltered homelessness and asymptomatic. Illumination Foundation provides daily meals and snacks, medical oversight, on-site security, transportation in and out of all sites, linkage to support services, and coordinates with Health Care Agency for behavioral health services.
|Access Referral Line||7/20 to 7/26||Total to Date|
|Incoming Calls to Access Referral Line||363||5,024|
|Calls that Resulted in Referrals||141||2,351|
The chart below provides a breakdown of the occupancy by program component and by site.
(as of 7/26)
|Temporary Isolation Shelters||48||89||137|
|Laguna Hills Motel||4||6||10|
|Temporary Shelter for Vulnerable Population||557||29||529|
|Anaheim Hotel||277 (includes 25 partners)||12||264|
|Stanton Motel||77 (includes 11 partners)||6||72|
|Huntington Beach Motel||139 (includes 17 partners)||5||127|
|Laguna Hills Hotel||64 (includes 4 partners)||6||66|
|Temporary Emergency Shelter||35||65||100|
Public Safety Net
|Hotline/Phone Number||Call Volume|
|Adult Protective Services||356|
|Child Abuse Registry||694|
|Community Counseling Support Services (HCA)||66|
|Economic Business and Recovery Call Center (OCCR)||353|
|Health Referral Line (HCA)||1,282|
|NAMI WarmLine (HCA)||1,678|
|Office on Aging Call Line (OCCR)||654|
|Orange County Public Information Line (EOC)**||N/A|
**EOC Hotline was discontinued on 4/17
In-Home Supportive Services
Round 7 of IHSS outreach calls were completed last week with a total of 2,939 calls made. Round 8 of our outreach starts today with 2,597 calls to be made. Calls are targeted to recipients who are severely impaired and living alone, are 85 years and older and have 200 or more authorize hours with an IHSS provider. Additionally, the SSA IHSS hotline received 71 calls reflecting requests for immediate needs and resources during the week of 7/20/20-7/24/20.
Public Assistance Applications
|Total Applications Received (7/20/20-7/25/20)|
Emergent Need Benefits
|Emergent Services (7/20/20-7/25/20)|
|EBT New Card Issuance (Includes CalFresh, CalWORKs, General Relief, Foster Care)||76|
|EBT Replacement Cards (CalFresh, CalWORKs, General Relief)||219|
Vulnerable Population Response
Home Delivered Meals
Congregate Site Meals*
*Meals provided in a drive thru setting at senior centers.
Great Plates Delivered Meals Program
|Measure||Number of Individuals|
|Positive Cases*||439 (30 current)|
|Quarantined (No symptoms)*||704 (includes 576 new bookings)|
|Medically Isolated (symptomatic)*||22|
*As of July 27, 2020