County Action Summary June 15 - June 21
Skilled Nursing/Assisted Living/Residential Care Facility Status
- The definition of an 'outbreak' is two (2) or more confirmed cases of COVID-19 in facility residents within 14 days.
- Currently there are 44 facilities that meet this definition as of June 19: Acacia Villas, ActiveCare Yorba Linda, Advanced Rehab Center of Tustin, Alamitos West Health Care Center, Anaheim Crown Plaza, Anaheim Healthcare Center, Brookdale Anaheim, Brookdale Nohl Ranch, Buena Vista Care Center, Cambridge House, Country Villa Plaza, Coventry Court, French Park Care Center, Garden Grove Convalescent Hospital, Garden Park Care Center, Golden Leisure Home, Gordon Lane Care Center, Harbor Villa Care Center, Healthcare Center of Orange County, Heathers Wintergreen, Huntington Valley Healthcare Center, Kamstra, Kindred Brea SAU, Laguna Hills Health & Rehab, Leisure Court Nursing Center, ManorCare Health Services-Fountain Valley, Orange Healthcare & Wellness, Orangegrove Rehab Hospital, Pacific Heaven Healthcare Center, Palm Terrace, Park Anaheim Healthcare Center, Sea Cliff Healthcare Center, Seal Beach Health & Rehab, South Coast Post Acute, St. Edna Subacute and Rehab, St Francis Home, Sunflower Garden, Terrace View Care Center, The Groves of Tustin, The Hills Post Acute, The Regency, West Anaheim Extended Care, Whitten Heights, and Windsor Gardens Center of Anaheim.
- All Orange County SNFs will have received a 14-day supply of PPE from the County stockpile by next week with additional PPE supplies being provided by FEMA.
Medical Equipment and Supplies
|Distributed Resources to the Community||Quantity*|
|PPE - suit||12,312|
|Outstanding Resource Requests from the State||Quantity|
|KN95 or similar||6,263|
Hospital Support, Communication, Readiness, and Response
Bed Preparedness for Surge
Table 1 includes the current bed capacity in the hospital system. As of 6/13/20, OC hospitals are at 60% total hospital capacity and the system has sufficient surge capacity to scale up to 70%, if needed.
|Current Bed Capacity*|
|Total # of Hospital Beds (pre-COVID-19)||4,879|
|Expanded Bed Capacity (8%)||+396||5,275|
|Existing Surge Tents||Not in Use||5,325|
|Ordered Surge Tents||20 tents add 200 beds (Not in Use)||5,525|
|Total Bed Capacity||5,625|
*Using hospital reported data to State
Alternate Care Site Overview
|Fairview (COVID-19 +)|
|Patient Census (as of 6/15/2020 06:30)||CURRENT||TOTAL|
|Total patients CENSUS / TOTAL ACCEPTED||6||29|
The data below is reflective of the County’s COVID-19 Homelessness Response System which is being managed by Illumination Foundation, the contracted provider, and encompasses the following three components:
- Temporary Isolation Shelter for individuals who are sick or symptomatic for COVID-19
- Temporary Shelter for Vulnerable Populations, including asymptomatic individuals who are medically vulnerable and /or 65 years and older.
- Temporary Emergency Shelter System for individuals experiencing unsheltered homelessness and asymptomatic. Illumination Foundation provides daily meals and snacks, medical oversight, on-site security, transportation in and out of all sites, linkage to support services, and coordinates with Health Care Agency for behavioral health services.
|Access Referral Line||6/15 to 6/21||Total to Date|
|Incoming Calls to Access Referral Line||323||2,911|
|Calls that Resulted in Referrals||146||1,559|
The chart below provides a breakdown of the occupancy by program component and by site.
(as of 6/21)
|Temporary Isolation Shelters||33||104||137|
|Laguna Hills Motel||4||6||10|
|Temporary Shelter for Vulnerable Population||484||64||529|
|Huntington Beach Motel||140 (includes 13 partners)||0||127|
|Laguna Hills Hotel||47||19||66|
|Temporary Emergency Shelter||34||66||100|
Public Safety Net
|Hotline/Phone Number||Call Volume|
|Adult Protective Services||381|
|Child Abuse Registry||694|
|Community Counseling Support Services (HCA)||75|
|Economic Business and Recovery Call Center (OCCR)||276|
|Health Referral Line (HCA)||1,646|
|NAMI WarmLine (HCA)||1,293|
|Office on Aging Call Line (OCCR)||677|
|Orange County Public Information Line (EOC)**||N/A|
**EOC Hotline was discontinued on 4/17
In-Home Supportive Services
On 6/19/20 SSA started a new round of wellness check calls to IHSS clients to ensure their basic needs are being met. Calls are targeted to recipients who are severely impaired and living alone, are 85 years and older and have 200 or more authorize hours with an IHSS provider. As of 6/22/20 3,611 calls were made and we have another 702 remaining calls to be made. Additionally, SSA’s IHSS hotline received 69 calls reflecting requests for immediate needs and resources during the week of 6/15 – 6/19.
Public Assistance Applications
|Total Applications Received (6/15-6/19)|
Emergent Need Benefits
|Emergent Services (6/15-6/20)|
|EBT New Card Issuance (Includes CalFresh, CalWORKs, General Relief, Forster Care)||109|
|EBT Replacement Cards (CalFresh, CalWORKs, General Relief)||282|
Vulnerable Population Response
Home Delivered Meals
Congregate Site Meals*
*Meals provided in a drive thru setting at senior centers.
Great Plates Delivered Meals Program
|Measure||Number of Individuals|
|Positive Cases*||389 (4 current)|
|Quarantined (No symptoms)*||464 (includes 463 new bookings)|
|Medically Isolated (symptomatic)*||6|
*As of June 22, 2020