Mobile COVID-19 Clinics are providing vaccines and test kits to uninsured individuals. For current and additional locations, dates and times, visit Othena.com or call (714) 834-2000.
Find additional testing information by visiting the sites below:
Testing is recommended:
- If you have symptoms of COVID-19, whether or not you are vaccinated.
- If you don't have symptoms but have a known COVID-19 exposure or exposure concerns.
- For screening (schools, workplaces, congregate settings, etc.).
- Before and after travel (domestic or international):
- Unvaccinated persons should test 1-3 days before any travel.
- Note: Destinations may have specific testing requirements.
- All travelers (even if fully vaccinated or up-to-date) should test 3-5 days after travel.
- If you are attending a gathering with people from multiple households or other high-risk events:
- Unvaccinated persons should test 1-2 days before and 3-5 days after gatherings/events.
- Note: Events may have specific testing requirements.
If you have health insurance and need help finding your health care provider, call the customer service number on your insurance card, or view websites of major health care providers in Orange County.
Community members with general questions related to COVID-19 can contact the County of Orange COVID-19 Hotline at (714) 834-2000. For medical questions, residents can call the Health Referral Line at (800) 564-8448.
Types of Testing
There are three kinds of tests for COVID-19: PCR/viral tests and serology/antibody tests.
- A PCR or molecular test tells you if you have a current infection. It is taken with a swab in the mouth, nose or throat.
- An antigen test is a newer COVID-19 test that tells if you have a current infection. It is taken with a nostril or throat swab.
- An antibody (serology) test does NOT tell you if you are infected currently. It only tells you if you had a previous infection and currently is not recommended for individual use. It is done through a needle or fingerstick to get a blood sample.
Resources on this page are for PCR/viral tests or antigen testing for COVID-19 in Orange County.