California’s Safe Schools For All Plan provides the support and accountability to establish a clear path to minimize in-school transmissions and enable a phased in return to in-person instruction.
The Safe Schools For All Hub consolidates key resources and information related to COVID-19 and schools. All current guidance documents can be found on the Hub. New resources will be added to the Hub on a regular basis. Please visit https://schools.covid19.ca.gov/
Since Spring 2020, the OC Health Care Agency (HCA) has conducted meetings with the OC Department of Education (OCDE), the County Superintendent of Schools and local school districts. Our partnership recognizes the importance of in-person education and ensuring that education is carried out safely.
The Safe Schools OC Program HCA COVID-19 School Response Team (SRT) was developed to help with school reopening. The HCA Team within the Safe Schools OC Program includes a Medical Director, Medical Officer, Program Managers, Public Health Nurses and an Epidemiologist. Collaborative partners within the Safe Schools OC program includes Orange County Department of Education school nurses. HCA Public Health Nurses, under the direction of HCA Physicians, assist K-12 schools through the following activities:
- Provide resources and tools to communicate up-to-date information on responding to COVID-19.
- Support school reopening in both public and private sectors by sharing CDPH guidance and providing technical assistance.
- Support with identifying COVID-19 cases and conducting case investigation and contact tracing in students and staff to reduce the spread of the virus.
- COVID-19 Guidance for Schools and School-Based Programs: (https://files.covid19.ca.gov/pdf/guidance-schools.pdf)
The HCA COVID-19 Schools Response Team also provides COVID-19 case and contact tracing assistance to local child care providers, youth sports teams, and colleges and universities.
Parents and students should contact your school with any questions. If you still have questions, email our OC COVID-19 Hotline at ETeam@ochca.com or call (714) 834-2000.
Visit https://newsroom.ocde.us/ for news and information about Orange County schools and the OC Department of Education.
Downloadable flyers and posters geared towards K-12 students are available HERE.
- CDPH issued guidance for all youth sports programs—Please visit https://schools.covid19.ca.gov/ for the most up to date youth sports guidance
- CDC guidance and tools to help youth sports administrators make decisions, protect their teams and players, and communicate with their communities. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/communication/toolkits/youth-sports.html