Links to Resources:
- NIH: Ask Suicide-Screening Questions (ASQ) Toolkit
- Harvard – School of Public Health: Firearm Access is a Risk Factor for Suicide
- Psychology Today - How to Cope with Bereavement During the COVID-19 Pandemic (4/7/2020)
- Grieving the loss of a loved one may be especially challenging right now.
- The Center for Complicated Grief, Columbia University - Coping With Grief After Community Violence
This fact sheet discusses tips on how to cope with grief after an incident of community violence.
- SAMHSA - Tips for Survivors: Coping With Grief After a Disaster or Traumatic Event
- COVID Coach
App for Veterans & Service Member for Self-Care
- SAMHSA - Your Recovery is important: Virtual Recovery Resources
This tip sheet describes resources that can be used to virtually support recovery from mental/substance use disorders. It also provides resources to help local recovery programs create virtual meetings.
- CHOC Children
Mindful breathing and relaxation guide videos
- Stop, Breathe, Think
Guided Meditations & Mindfulness
- NAMI COVI-19 Resource & Information Guide
- EMM Resources and Support Blog
- SAMHSA - Coping with Anger / Trauma
- Orange County Network of Care
The Network of Care is a website that serves as a comprehensive resource for individuals, families and agencies seeking information on healthcare including behavioral health. The website provides a service directory, a library of articles on health-related topics, and a mechanism for tracking state and federal legislations, among other website features. The Network of Care website also offers a second website specifically for Veterans.
- CDC - Stress and Coping during COVID (04/2020)
- CDC - Taking Care of Your Emotional Health
- California Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response – Manage stress for health (04/07/2020)
- CA GOV - Emotional Support and Well-being Hotlines (4/7/20)
- CA GOV - Stress Management Playbooks (4/7/20)
Arabic - Chinese (Simplified) - Chinese (Traditional) - Korean - Spanish - Vietnamese
- SAMHSA - How to Cope with Sheltering in Place
English - Spanish
- SAMHSA - Taking Care of Your Behavioral Health During a Disease Outbreak
English - Spanish
- Greater Good Magazine Science Based Insights for a Meaningful life and Monthly Happiness Calendar
- Mayo Clinic - Resilience- Build skills to endure hardship (5/18/2017)
- UCLA Health - Guided Meditations
- International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies (ISTSS) – COVID 19 Resources
- The Wellness Society – Coronavirus Anxiety Workbook
- NIH: Your Healthiest Self: Wellness Toolkits - Spanish
Each person's 'healthiest self' is different. We have different bodies, minds, living situations, and people influencing our lives. Each area can impact your overall health. This means we each have a unique set of health needs. Use our wellness toolkits to find ways to improve your well-being in any area you’d like.
- CDC: Daily Life and Coping
- Additional Resources for Acute Needs
- General Disaster Response and Recovery Information
- SAMHSA - Tips for Survivors of a Disaster or Other Traumatic Event: Managing Stress
- English - Spanish - Punjabi
- CDC - Coping with a Disaster or Traumatic Event
English - Spanish
- Resources for Faith-based Communities and Spiritual Leaders
- Goodwill of Orange County: Tierney Center for Veteran Services
Providing comprehensive support services for veterans and their families, including but not limited to financial assistance, employment assistance, housing, behavioral health resource referrals, resume building and more. Services are provided by email, phone, text and ZOOM.
- Veteran Navigators will work with you and your family to meet your needs, connect you to resources, and ensure you are supported during this challenging time -- and always.
- Phone: (855) 998-3837
- North Orange County Vet Center
- Free readjustment counseling services for combat veterans, Telehealth visits only
- Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Phone: Regular Hours (714) 776-0161. After Hours (877) 927-8387
- South Orange County Vet Center
- Services: counseling, employment referral, community outreach and education, referral of other VA services
- Hours: Monday-Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Fridays 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Phone: Regular Hours (949) 348-6700. After Hours (877) 927-8387
- Location: 26431 Crown Valley Parkway, Suite 100, Mission Viejo, CA 92691
- Veteran Services
- Services: Health and Wellness, Retirement Planning, Financial Planning, and PTSD and Trauma programs
- Phone: Toll-Free (844) 200-0012
Substance Use Disorder and Prevention Resources:
Intimate Partner Violence (IPV)
Index for Resources:
View available behavioral health extended support services.